Your First Visit
A visit to the orthodontist can put you on a path towards a beautiful smile and good oral health. Taking care of any problems today will help you avoid serious and expensive health issues down the road. That’s why at Deerwood Orthodontics, we are here to help you have a convenient, stress-free experience during your first visit and every visit thereafter!
What to Bring
- Your current dental insurance card.
- Completed patient registration forms; you can find them here. It’s always good to arrive a few minutes early to your first appointment to take care of the forms.
- X-rays (if applicable). X-rays from a previous dentist or physician can be forwarded to our office.
- A list of your current medications.
What to Expect
- When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by our front office staff. They will review your forms and discuss the reasons for your visit.
- Your initial appointment typically includes a comprehensive review of your orthodontic needs and concerns, a review of your health history, and an exam by your orthodontist.
The orthodontist will discuss your short-term and long-term dental goals. He or she will explain any recommended treatments and answer any questions you have.